Monday, September 7, 2009

1.70 - Fruit Stripe

Fruit Stripe gum. I remember being a kid and eagerly anticipating getting some more Fruit Stripe. It was fruity, the gum actually had different flavors in a single pack. I remember trading my lime for orange and thinking it can't get any better than this. Then I grow up, and realize, I haven't had any Fruit Stripe in over 20 years, maybe even 25! So I bought some for Now, Chew On This...

Fruit Stripe proclaims boldly on the package: "Now Longer Lasting Flavor". It also comes with some "tattoos" of the zebra in various colors, I suppose to further appeal to kids.



Listing of participants raters today: Jay, Kevin, Dan, and Adam.

Flavor Longevity: 1.00
Jay - 1
Kevin - 1
Dan - 1
Adam - 1

Comments:
"Gone after about 5 minutes."
"It faded fast. Almost all gone by the 5 minute mark."
"Flavor gave out less than 5 minutes after chewing. This gum brought the weak sauce!"
"Flavor disappears after about 60 secs of chewing...to maintain flavor, you must keep adding pieces of gum..."



Taste: 2.00
Jay - 2
Kevin - 1
Dan - 2
Adam - 3

Comments:
"Yuck!"
"Remember when this gum was “The Gum”? Well it sucks now. Either poor judgment early on or the quality has degraded."
"Not the greatest taste. So-so at first, but when the flavor goes out it tastes like you are chewing a ball wax. I had to spit it out after a few minutes."
"I would give this gum a much higher score for taste if it lasted longer. The immediate taste in your mouth is great, I highly enjoy it. However, due to the very short duration of taste I am highly disappointed in this gum."



Flavor Strength: 2.00
Jay - 2
Kevin - 1
Dan - 3
Adam - 2

Comments:
"Hard to rate “none”."
"Pretty weak to begin with. Never tasted fruity..."
"Okay, I guess."
"Again, the flavor strength is great at the beginning, but very quickly tapers off."



Texture & Consistency: 2.25
Jay - 4
Kevin - 1
Dan - 1
Adam - 3

Comments:
"Kind of like chewing a paper wad."
"The chewing itself was okay. Never became too mushy or too rubbery."
"Gum has a weird texture. You cannot pop the gum or blow even the smallest bubbles with it."
"The gum is soft and easy to chew."



Refreshment: 1.25
Jay - 2
Kevin - 1
Dan - 1
Adam - 1

Comments:
"Too bad there wasn’t a negative scale."
"Normal, typical refreshment. I couldn’t wait to get rid of it though."
"This gum sucks and almost made me hate life. I really hated it and threw it out after just a few minutes."
"Definitely not a refreshing gum."



Overall Score: 1.70

No comments:

Post a Comment